Unless given consent to do otherwise, Mayo International will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Collecting Your Personal Information
When you visit the website, we may occasionally ask you to provide us with some personal information. This may include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, contact details and payment details. Other information may also be collected with your permission from time to time including preferences such as likes and dislikes.
Cookies are files that your web browser transfers to your computers hard drive. It enables us to recognise your browser and welcome you back to the website. It does not identify you personally and does not give access to your computer or be used to deliver viruses. Most browsers are pre-set to accept cookies but if you prefer, you can disable it or warn you when cookies are used. We recommend that you leave your cookies enabled.
Using Your Personal Information
Information that we collect from you may be used to:
- Provide the products and services you have requested;
- Contact you when we experience difficulty in fulfilling your request;
- Communicate to you new products and services, promotions or offers; and
- Better understand our customer base and improve our products and services.
Note we only send out periodical communications to people who have “opted in” to receive it. We do not send out “spam” to our members and honour their right to privacy.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
Mayo International will only disclose your personal information:
- To third party service providers that Mayo International has engaged to perform functions on our behalf such as order fulfilment, delivery, credit card payment authorisation and marketing.
- Your information will only be used to perform their appropriate functions and not for other purposes;
- To appropriate authorities relating to suspected fraudulent activities;
- To verify the information provided and protect you from fraud; or
- If required to do so by law.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You can view and update the personal information you provide us by:
Using the My Account tool
Security of Your Personal Information
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information. All user contact information is stored on secure servers if in digital format, or in locked areas if in hardcopy format and accessible only by a limited number of employees. All credit card information is transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and encrypted in our secure database using 128 bit SSL.
However, security of communications over the internet cannot be guaranteed and you do so at your own risk. Mayo International will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Links to Other Sites
You may not have more than one active membership, whether this is by use of name, e-mail address, an alias or combination thereof. If you breach this condition, you may be liable for the recovery of any benefits obtained this way, such as gift vouchers, promotional benefits and the value therein.
Membership accounts are non-transferable. You may update, edit or terminate your membership account at any time. You agree to maintain and update the information as supplied by yourself to ensure accuracy at all times.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your membership account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your membership account or password.
Information Provided by You
If you purchase goods or services from the website or subscribe to the e-mail newsletter, we may require you to provide your name, address, e-mail address, credit card or other details (“customer information”). You agree to provide Mayo International with current, complete and accurate customer information when asked to do so by the website or an employee of Mayo International.
If you submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions or other information (“material”) to Mayo International you are responsible for such material and responsible for the consequences of any material you provide. The material shall not:
- be false, misleading or fraudulent;
- infringe any intellectual property rights;
- violate any law, statute or regulation;
- be obscene, threatening or defamatory; or
- contain any viruses, worms or other harmful components that are intended to damage, interfere with, intercept or expropriate any software, hardware, system or data.
Mayo International reserves the right to edit, restrict or remove any material you provide for any reason at any time. Mayo International takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any material posted by you or any third party.
By submitting any material to us, you agree that Mayo International may use your material for any purpose, including reproduction, transmission, publication, broadcast or posting.